Horse riding holidays in Morocco
From Agadir to Essaouira horse trail
Horse trek with departure from Imi Ouaddar near Agadir and arrival at our stables in Diabat, at 3 km from Essaouira.
You will like...
- Horse riding holidays to do with family and/or friends, accessible for intermediate and experienced riders
- The mountainous landscapes and small winding mule trails towards Agadir
- A horse trail running all year long from 2 participants except in July and August due to the warm temperatures
- The tough and gentle Arab-barb horses
- A horse trek shared between the mountains and valleys with the small Berber villages and a cavalcade on the coastline and beaches on the second part of the trek
- Swimming with the horse between May and September and canter on the beach
Durations and prices/person:
- Horseback riding vacation organized from 3 participants (2 persons possible with an extra)
- Horse trek with transfert and 1 night in riad: 8 days / 7 nights, including 6 days in the saddle / 6 nights in camp | Based on 2 persons = 950€ | From 3 persons = 800€
- Possibility to extend your stay with additional nights in camp or in riad | Extra nights: contact us
Horse trail day after day
[ Other horse trails in Essaouira ]
Transfer to Imi Ouaddar, starting point of the trek, located 25 km in the North of Agadir (1h drive from Agadir airport or 5h from Marrakesh (Marrakech) airport). Presentation with the team and the horses. Dinner and night in tent.
Departure from Imi Ouaddar. The trek leads us to the mountains full of thuyas trees. Mountain landscapes with small villages surrounded by fields of argan and almond trees. We follow a path along the crest. We will encounter shepherds with their acrobat goats perched on argan trees. Descent to the valley Tourarine. Night in camp near the village of Imsker.
We leave the camp to the pass of Tizi Ou Chatre. Succession of hamlets in the ground clinging to the mountain. Small paths with alternated tracks until crossing a pass that leads us to the valley Timekti. Magnificent views of the palm grove. We descend to the river and follow it to the camp surrounded by the palm trees. Night in camp.
Departure to the North, the trail winds through the mountainside. We cross, after the passage of a river, the souk of Tleta Tankert. Then, surrounded by minerals and argan and almond trees, we reach the dam of Ait Hammou. We end the day with the passage of an area rich in fossils. Night in camp.
Our journey continues, this time by the North-West, crossing the plateau Zaïkou ou Ida. Then, by the cultured hills Oussoul, we reach the cliffs that dominate the ocean. Camp on a cliff in front of the beach of Ifthane.
We set off North through the hills on the feet of the Atlas mountain. We pass on a mule track and reach the marabout Sidi Ahmed Saih, beside the ocean. Then, after crossing some argan forests and some Berber villages, we stopped on a hill in front of the sea, close to the marabout and waterfalls of Sidi Embark. Our route continues along the cliffs and we cross the dunes of sand with a beautiful view over the bay. Night in camp on the beach of Sidi Kaouki.
We alternate dunes and beaches and we discover many varieties of birds. Long gallops on the beach. Picnic in the shade of thyas trees in the dune. In the afternoon, our ride continues over long deserted beaches lined by the dunes. The island of Mogador appears. Last gallop on the beach of Diabat. Finally, we cross a forest of mimosa and eucalyptus to arrive in Diabat, the end of our trek. Transfer to Essaouira. Dinner not included. Night in a Riad in Essaouira.
Transfer to the airport of Marrakech or Agadir on time for your return flight.
Included with Zouina Cheval:
High standard level in the camps during the trek (pleasant dining tent, shower tent with hot water, chemical loo in a separate tent).
Possibility to sleep in groups under the big Moroccan tent or isolated in igloo tents. The camp is moved on each day. Foam mattresses are supplied but you will need to bring a sleeping bag and camping pillow.
At lunch, the meals will be served by our cook (except on the last 2 days where there is a picnic) in the shade. The break is long enough to recover. Bottles of water are provided daily by the staff.
Saddle bags will be provided to keep personal equipment (camera, sun cream...) during the rides.
Transportation of material and equipment with a support vehicle. You will have an access to your luggage each day for lunch (except on the last day).